What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced RAY-key) is a Japanese technique of energy healing. It was discovered in by Dr. Mikao Usui over a century ago. The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words: Rei and Ki. The general definition for the word "Rei" is simply “universal.” As it is used in Reiki, the more accurate interpretation for "Rei" is higher knowledge or spiritual consciousness. This is the all-knowing Universal Consciousness or God-Consciousness. The word "Ki" has the same definition as "Qi"(pronounced Chee) in Chinese or "Prana" in Sanskrit. They are all defined as energy, vital life force, or universal life force. This is the nonphysical energy that circulates in and around all living things. When a living thing dies, its "Ki" departs.
When your "Ki" is low or there is a restriction in its flow, you are more vulnerable to illness. When it is high and flowing freely, you are less likely to get sick. "Ki" is also the energy of our emotions, thoughts, and spiritual life. So in short, it is the God-Consciousness called "Rei" that guides the life energy called "Ki" in the practice
Benefits of Reiki
We and our pets all inhabit the same kingdom together—Animalia! So we experience stress and trauma in related ways, and therefore, can both benefit from Reiki. But when it comes to the process, animals speak a different language. While they naturally receive and gravitate towards Reiki, some pets may prefer to receive Reiki at a distance for a few minutes before approaching and placing the area of their body that needs healing directly into the practitioner’s hands.
Both humans and pets can experience some or all of these benefits from their Reiki sessions, but, of course, their experiences are not limited to the ones listed. There will likely be some unexpected and welcome benefits along the way as well!
- Overall well-being: even healthy people and pets can have occasional physical, emotional and mental imbalances that, if left untreated, can manifest as dis-ease or illness. Periodic Reiki sessions can help maintain a natural state of well-being.
- Release and healing of emotional problems due to any traumatic situation such as abuse, neglect, abandonment or an accident.
- Healing of behavioral issues such as nervousness, hyperactivity or aggression by promoting relaxation and by reducing stress and anxiety.
- Quicker healing of sickness, injury or surgery
- Reiki can help prevent side effects from conventional medications and provides relief of pain and relaxation to promote an enhanced natural healing response.
- Bring peace and comfort during the transition to the next life. Reiki helps to relax the recipient so that they are not afraid or struggling to stay a part of this life when it is time for them to depart.
- Increase trust and bonding between person and pet
It’s probably no surprise to y'all that people and pets can sometimes mirror one another's physical and emotional states. Animals are natural healers and often take on and attempt to heal their person's problems. This happens because of the deep bond between a pet and his/her person. Energetic imbalances can be shared as well because of this bond. Joint treatments for pets and their people can often be quite beneficial and offer great bonding opportunities!
Reiki Training Classes
A note from Stacy:
As a Reiki Master Teacher, I am now able to certify and attune others as Reiki Practitioners. This is a very exciting and fulfilling ability that has been passed down to me through a traditional lineage of other Usui Reiki Masters. I am offering this certification to any and all Pet Care Professionals, Animal Hobbyists, and Pet Parents, as well as anyone else who wants to learn this beautiful tradition. My classes focus on the traditional Reiki teachings and how we can apply them to help heal ourselves, our family members, friends and our pets.
One of my life's purposes is to share this with y'all and with the world! So, I lead discussions with local pet care professionals about how we can all use Reiki to make a difference in the lives of people and their pets.
If you are interested in scheduling a presentation about Reiki for your workplace or for a group, if you would like to become a practitioner, or just want to learn more, please call 843-408-2502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay up to date with our class schedule and event information, available at www.Facebook.com/CrescentMoonHeal